Plumbers In Dubai
Plumbing is a trade with many intricacies and when not done correctly or left to leak can have devastating effects on your property and contents.
Many problem solving techniques have to be learned because, in most properties, additional plumbing is added to existing systems to create new shower installations, new en-suite toilets, additional sinks, bathrooms and basins.
Washing machines and dishwashers are plumbed in by non experts and outside taps are fitted sometimes with no regard for regulations regarding non return valves.
If you are in doubt about any job no matter how small it seems – don’t attempt it. Call in the professionals. Any one of the companies listed with the skills and expertise of plumbing on Trustatrade have the necessary skills to sort your plumbing needs.
Know when to Hire a professional plumbing service
Every tenant or homeowner should equip themselves with a basic knowledge of plumbing and sewage, but, it’s likely that at some point you’ll need to hire a professional plumber.
If you’re in an emergency situation or you’ve been dealing with a persistent problem, it’s time to call an expert. Search for your local trusted trade professional who will be able to deal with the problem in the safest and most efficient way.
- Low pressure: although having low water pressure is not a serious issue, it can have a real effect on how well your shower runs. Typically this will relate to a pump fault so take the first steps – open a tap and check to see if your pump engages. If it remains silent you may need to call a plumber. Familiarize yourself with what each of the gate valves does on your pump to make sure you can bypass the need for the pump and still have a water supply until the issue is fixed.
- No hot water: Firstly, check the fuse board – has it tripped? If it has, turn it back on safely. Typically there are two types of hot water supply in the UAE. The first is a solar water heater on the roof of your villa. Check that the valves are all open and the isolator switch is on next to the cylinder. The second is independent water heaters in your ceilings. Normally located close to the water supply in question and accessible by a hatch in the ceiling. Typically there will be an isolator switch that turns the hot water on/off so double make sure you know the location of this and that it is on to ensure hot water when you need it. If in doubt – call a professional who will be able to diagnose the possible problem.
- Sewage problems: bad smells coming from your drains or signs of water around the drain cover could suggest that you have a blockage somewhere in the sewage line; this is one of the most common problems in plumbing. Blockages can be caused by flushing the wrong items down your toilet and drain so be careful what is disposed of.
- Burst pipes: Our worst nightmare at any time of the day. Always familiarize yourself on where to turn off the water supply to your property until a professional can come and repair the issue. Also, be very careful when using any electrical items until you are sure everything is dry.
Other useful tips and hints for your plumbing in Dubai.
Contrary to what people might think, not everything can be flushed down the toilet or washed away in the sink, even if the label says so. Disposing of the wrong items this way can cause serious problems within your home; items stick together and can block pipes that lead to floods, not to mention the harmful effect these materials can have on the environment. Toilets and sinks should not be used as an alternative bin; take responsibility and dispose of items correctly to save you from repair costs and to keep the wider environment safe.
The most commonly flushed items include:
- Sanitary products: these are designed to absorb liquid and not to break it down, so flushing them will only help them to expand more.
- Grease, fats and oils: pouring fats and oils down the sink can severely clog your sewage pipes. Instead, you should let them solidify (by pouring them into a container and keeping them in the fridge), wipe excess grease with a paper towel before you wash up or, if you want to be really environmentally friendly, search online for instructions on how to create a bird feeder!
- Hair: if you’ve noticed that your shower is flooding, then this could be due to your pipes being blocked with hair. Try investing in a drain cover that will trap hair, or regularly flushing out the plug hole with a baking soda mixture.
- Wipes: Even ‘flushable’ wipes will not disintegrate in the same way that toilet paper does. They also contain small plastic fibres which can harm marine life, or, potentially end up entering the human food chain.
Identify breakages and problems
Being able to spot tell-tale signs of a plumbing problem will save you a lot of time in the long run. When you call a plumber to come and fix the issue you’ll be able to explain what’s wrong so they can waste no time in diagnosing the problem.
Typical things to look out for include:
- Dripping and gurgling: a dripping or gurgling noise coming from your toilet can be very annoying, especially at night. There may be a leak at the base of the toilet, if so you should be able to see it. Luckily, dripping toilets are usually easy to fix and can be done by your trusted trade professional.
- Floors and walls are moist: if the surrounding areas around a shower or any other water based appliances are moist, this is an indicator that there could be a leak somewhere. Mould can appear as black, grey, green or yellow spots and, when left untreated, can spread rapidly throughout your home.
- Slow draining sink: this is usually a sign that the pipes are blocked. If you’ve already tried DIY solutions with no luck, it’s time to call a plumber who will be able to remove deeply lodged items and materials.
- Smell: Nobody wants odd smells coming from their plugholes, especially when the stench is coming from your sewage. Don’t let this problem go untouched, as some of the gases can be harmful and lead to serious respiratory issues.
Want your business here?
Contact us to list your local business in the most trusted directory of Dubai.
If you’re looking for [A/C Servicing & Air Conditioning Variable] or for air conditioning repair, AC service and maintenance or even duct cleaning, the likelihood is that you don’t have the time to thoroughly check and vet all of your local air conditioning experts, before choosing one. Trust A Trade can help you discover trustworthy local contractors by providing a list of client-rated AC companies.
Whether you require an air conditioning professional to assist with duct cleaning, industrial or domestic issues or you have an emergency air conditioning problem, it’s crucial to choose an AC company that is skilled and competent. However, with so many alternatives, deciding where to start may be difficult.
Therefore, Trustatrader is your solution. We are committed to making it as simple as possible for good people to find real and reputable traders in Dubai. Here, there’s no place for complications or hidden agendas, just forthcoming and honest work. At Trustatrader, you’ll find a great range of qualified and reliable professionals in Dubai, so you can be sure that you are contacting someone you can trust. All of our traders go through a rigorous vetting process, so you can be confident that they will do the job properly. Our customer reviews will give you an idea of what to expect.
Don’t ignore leaks
Did you know, a dripping tap uses at least 5,500 litres a year. In a year that’s enough to fill a whole paddling pool every week for the whole summer. Getting a problem like this fixed as soon as possible will soon reflect in your DEWA bill, and contribute to aiding environmental issues around water waste.
You can spot leaks by:
- Taking regular meter readings to make it easier to spot changes in your usage
- Being aware of waterlogged areas in your garden
- Looking out for lower water pressure from your shower or taps
Plumbing and drainage systems: what we all need to know
Day to day it is your responsibility to maintain the functional aspects on your property such as electricity, plumbing and air conditioning. You may want to invest in an Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC) with a trusted provider. Part of an AMC can include the following:
- Plumbing check – inspection of all valves and isolators for visible signs of leaks, Inspection of bottle traps and drainage for signs of leaks, drain check, water tank cleaning, visual inspections of pumps and motors. Some of these services can occur once a year but some can be up to 3 times per year with any faults identified discussed with you and associated costs agreed.
An AMC may be included with your tenancy but if not then it is recommended to be taken out when you move in. Prevention is better than reaction.
If you are purchasing a home then always ensure you get a full qualified inspection of the properties plumbing and drainage system from a competent professional.
Know where your shut-off valves are
In the case of an emergency such as flooding, you will need to know where the valve is to shut off your water supply. Typically, the main shut off valve for your property is outside in your DEWA box. This will turn off the complete water supply to the home. Once you have located it, simply turn the valve clockwise to stop the water supply. There may be other supplies you can locate in your pump storage area and other areas of your property. Familiarize yourself with these as early as you can to avoid excess damage or stress.
You should always contact a plumber immediately to identify and fix the cause of your problem.
Know what a plumbing company can do for you
Knowing exactly what plumbing companies or local trade professionals can do will help you identify which kind of expert you need.
Services that may be included:
- Fault finding and repairs
- Plumbing installations for domestic and commercial applications
- Drainage services
- Appliance installation
- Shower repairs and installation
- Faulty WC repairs
- Water bylaw works
- Hot water cylinders repaired and installed
- Points of use water heater
Get clued up if you’re moving into a new home
Apart from finding your stop tap like we’ve already mentioned, there are some other important things you should get clued up on. Moving house is stressful enough, so follow these tips to make sure everything plumbing related goes smoothly.
- Find out when the water tank and pump system was last serviced. If it is a new property, does it come with warranties or guarantees for pumps and water heaters?
If you’re unsure never attempt plumbing work yourself
Its always best to leave it to the professionals if you are unsure on how to carry out the work. Sometimes, attempting to carry out the work yourself can lead to bigger costs than the original problem. Speak with any one of the listed trusted professionals here to get the job done right the first time.
ac services in dubai
ac services near you
ac cleaning services
ac cleaning services in Dubai
ac services and repairs near you
split ac cleaning services
lg ac services
residential ac services
Do you trade your services in Dubai?
Are you a dedicated and trustworthy trader looking to give your business more visibility and generate more work?